Confidence Speaks Volumes
Confidence speaks volumes!
Confidence shows, whether your audience is one person or a thousand. How can you achieve that confidence?
Find Your Voice
The Christopher Leadership Courses can give you the true confidence that comes from experience. You will learn:
- Simple techniques to present a clear, strong point in under two minutes, and
- How to speak, to make your talk more effective.
You will learn to speak better, not by sitting through lectures but by actually doing it.
- Every week you will have two opportunities to speak, with friendly, individual evaluation of every talk.
- The class of 15-25 students will be big enough to give you real practice speaking in front of a group, but small enough for individual attention.
- The varied team of instructors, all graduates of the course, will prove how effectively the course develops each person’s individual style.
This course really works, by helping you succeed one small step at a time. By the end of the 11-week course (9 weeks for spring sessions) you will have the skills you need to be a strong and memorable speaker in your own life situations.
There are several classes each year, on different nights and in different parts of town. The tax-deductible tuition fee is amazingly reasonable, because the Christopher Leadership Courses are presented by a non-profit registered charity.
Frequently Asked Question:
Which course should I take?
We have learned from more than fifty years of teaching public speaking that there is no substitute for real experience speaking in front of a group.
If public speaking terrifies you, the CLC1 course (nine or eleven evenings) will give you the practice you need to develop your confidence, your leadership abilities, and your public speaking skills.
If you already have confidence and just need to improve your skills, The Weekend Course will provide them, and its faster pace may fit better into your busy life. It also teaches some extra topics: giving and receiving toasts, and acting as MC for an event.
More questions? Just click the Contact Us link above.
- The spring board meeting of the Lumen Institute was held April 7 to 9, 2017 at the Nav Canada Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. President Tom O’Neill, Past-President Dave Scott, Vice President Natalie Neville, Executive Secretary Matthew Rennick, Treasurer Laurence Tyler and Directors Mike Lee, Marcel Soucy, Regina Antonio and Lynn …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »
- CLC National is a registered charity through its national Lumen Organization (# 125304527RR0001). We are looking for your support. Tax receipts provided for donations greater than $25.Read More »