Take it up a Notch
Take it Up a Notch
You’ve graduated from the Christopher Leadership Level 1 Course. You can craft a memorable talk, and take command of a room. But now you need to present to a bigger audience, with slides and a microphone. And you need to handle audience questions.
Relax. We’ve got you covered!
Project Your Confidence
Welcome to the Christopher Leadership Advanced Presentation Course. This fast-paced five-week course builds on the public speaking techniques taught in the Christopher Leadership Level 1 Course (CLC1), and is available only to CLC1 graduates.
Some things stay the same:
- It’s taught by a team of expert instructors.
- It’s fun.
- Every student makes two presentations each week.
Some things are different:
- Class size is limited to 12 students, with students and instructors seated around the same table to create a more professional boardroom atmosphere.
- Evaluation uses a variation of the collaborative Think, Pair, Share technique to give you insights from other students as well as the instructors.
- After week 1, in which we instruct basic principles, you will be expected to use PowerPoint or similar slides to enhance your main presentation. You will need access to a computer with suitable software, and an internet connection.
Curriculum details are on the Course Information Page.
I am already a good public speaker, but I did not graduate from the CLC1 course. I just need to use PowerPoint better. Surely you can sign me up for this course?
Sorry, the answer is no. We have looked at this option very carefully, and there is no way that we can give a quality course in only five weeks unless all of our students start with a common foundation of CLC1 knowledge.
Take both courses. CLC1 has plenty to offer you, including how to quickly structure a memorable talk, a memory system for speaking without notes, and personal evaluations that can raise the level of your public speaking. It’s such a fun and energizing way to spend one evening a week that you will wish it lasted longer.
- The spring board meeting of the Lumen Institute was held April 7 to 9, 2017 at the Nav Canada Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. President Tom O’Neill, Past-President Dave Scott, Vice President Natalie Neville, Executive Secretary Matthew Rennick, Treasurer Laurence Tyler and Directors Mike Lee, Marcel Soucy, Regina Antonio and Lynn …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »
- CLC National is a registered charity through its national Lumen Organization (# 125304527RR0001). We are looking for your support. Tax receipts provided for donations greater than $25.Read More »