Turn Fear into Fun
Turn Fear into Fun
Public speaking frightens most people. They don’t know how to build an effective talk, they don’t know how to present a talk, and if they find themselves having to speak they mumble into their notes and make it all too obvious that they want to be far away.
Learn the Joy of Public Speaking
The Christopher Leadership Courses can make public speaking fun for you, just as they have helped thousands of Canadians each year for over fifty years.You will learn simple techniques for quickly creating a talk that presents a clear, strong point in under two minutes. In addition:
- You will learn how to speak, to make your talk effective.
- You will learn to speak well in easy stages, not by listening to lectures but by actually doing it.
- You will have two opportunities to speak in each lesson, with friendly, personal evaluation for every talk.
- The instructors are all graduates who have faced and beaten their own fears.
- The class of 15-25 students is big enough to give you real practice speaking in front of a group, but small enough for individual attention.
This course really works, by helping you succeed one small step at a time. By the end of the course (eleven evenings) you will have the skills you need to be a strong and memorable speaker. And the confidence you gain will help you in other stressful situations.
There are several classes each year, on different nights and in different parts of town. The tax-deductible tuition fee is reasonable, because the Christopher Leadership Courses are presented by a non-profit registered charity.
Frequently Asked Question:
Which course should I take?
We have learned from more than fifty years of teaching public speaking that there is no substitute for real experience speaking in front of a group.
If public speaking terrifies you, the CLC1 course (nine or eleven evenings) will give you the extra practice you need to develop your confidence, your leadership abilities, and your public speaking skills.
If you already have confidence and just need to improve your skills, The Weekend Course will provide them, and its faster pace may fit better into your busy life. It also teaches some extra topics: giving and receiving toasts, and acting as MC for an event.
More questions? Just click the Contact Us link above.
- The spring board meeting of the Lumen Institute was held April 7 to 9, 2017 at the Nav Canada Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. President Tom O’Neill, Past-President Dave Scott, Vice President Natalie Neville, Executive Secretary Matthew Rennick, Treasurer Laurence Tyler and Directors Mike Lee, Marcel Soucy, Regina Antonio and Lynn …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »
- CLC National is a registered charity through its national Lumen Organization (# 125304527RR0001). We are looking for your support. Tax receipts provided for donations greater than $25.Read More »