Durham/Toronto East – About Us
CLC Durham-Toronto East believes that all people deserve the opportunity to realize their full potential as individuals both in the workplace and in social environments by enhancing their leadership and communication skills, as well as their confidence, through the Christopher Leadership Course (CLC).
Through our courses, CLC Durham-Toronto East’s goal is to:
- Help people develop effective communication skills by encouraging them to express their ideas and feelings
- Help people listen to and hear the thoughts and feelings of others
- Help individuals develop and realize their own unique talents by providing them with the opportunity and assistance to build key skills and self-confidence
- Encourage individuals to develop their leadership skills by promoting and supporting the well-being of self and others through a spirit of respect, understanding, cooperation, and mutual support.
The first Christopher Leadership Course in Canada was held in Windsor, Ontario in 1953. Courses have been offered continuously since that date, and have spread across the country from Vancouver Island to Cape Breton. CLC courses are currently offered in six provinces from coast to coast. Each year, more than 1,000 Canadians join the ranks of CLC’s successful graduates. For a list of our CLC locations in Canada, US, Korea and China please click here.
CLC courses are taught by dedicated teams of qualified volunteers who have themselves benefited from taking the course and undertaken to pass on to others the skills that they received. CLC course instructors additionally benefit from more advanced on-going training. This important feature — that all CLC instructors are graduates of the program — makes possible programs which are sensitive in their approach, time-proven in their effectiveness and yet affordable. As a non-profit educational organization the fee is only for the cost of materials and administration.
- At the AGM in Burlington, Regina led us in workshop on engaging & better communicating with instructors. Here are some of the results:Read More »
- Taking “Uniqueness” to a Whole New Level Soon after wrapping up our 2018 Winter classes, Durham-Toronto took a poll and found that a number of instructors were interested in taking the Advanced Christopher Leadership Course (CLC2). We ran a 7-week course exclusively for CLC1 instructors from May 17 to …Read More »
- Our 2018 Lumen AGM is being held on the weekend of November 2 – 4 at the Waterfront Hotel in Burlington, Ontario. This is the same location as last year’s successful event. As those of us who have previously attended one of these events, a Lumen AGM is much …Read More »
- Winnie Mills has sent some photos of the Rhododendron planted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Christopher Leadership Course in Canada. It was planted in Halifax, NS.Read More »
- The Lumen Board will be meeting Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, 2018 at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. Please contact any board member if you have any business you would like them to discuss. Contact Board Read More »