Durham/Toronto East – About Us
CLC Durham-Toronto East believes that all people deserve the opportunity to realize their full potential as individuals both in the workplace and in social environments by enhancing their leadership and communication skills, as well as their confidence, through the Christopher Leadership Course (CLC).
Through our courses, CLC Durham-Toronto East’s goal is to:
- Help people develop effective communication skills by encouraging them to express their ideas and feelings
- Help people listen to and hear the thoughts and feelings of others
- Help individuals develop and realize their own unique talents by providing them with the opportunity and assistance to build key skills and self-confidence
- Encourage individuals to develop their leadership skills by promoting and supporting the well-being of self and others through a spirit of respect, understanding, cooperation, and mutual support.
The first Christopher Leadership Course in Canada was held in Windsor, Ontario in 1953. Courses have been offered continuously since that date, and have spread across the country from Vancouver Island to Cape Breton. CLC courses are currently offered in six provinces from coast to coast. Each year, more than 1,000 Canadians join the ranks of CLC’s successful graduates. For a list of our CLC locations in Canada, US, Korea and China please click here.
CLC courses are taught by dedicated teams of qualified volunteers who have themselves benefited from taking the course and undertaken to pass on to others the skills that they received. CLC course instructors additionally benefit from more advanced on-going training. This important feature — that all CLC instructors are graduates of the program — makes possible programs which are sensitive in their approach, time-proven in their effectiveness and yet affordable. As a non-profit educational organization the fee is only for the cost of materials and administration.
- The spring board meeting of the Lumen Institute was held April 7 to 9, 2017 at the Nav Canada Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. President Tom O’Neill, Past-President Dave Scott, Vice President Natalie Neville, Executive Secretary Matthew Rennick, Treasurer Laurence Tyler and Directors Mike Lee, Marcel Soucy, Regina Antonio and Lynn …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »
- CLC National is a registered charity through its national Lumen Organization (# 125304527RR0001). We are looking for your support. Tax receipts provided for donations greater than $25.Read More »