Huron Perth Ontario – About Us
About Huron-Perth Christopher Leadership Course
Christopher Leadership Courses of Huron-Perth believes that all people deserve the opportunity to realize their full potential as individuals both in the workplace and in social environments by enhancing their leadership and communication skills, as well as their confidence, through the Christopher Leadership Course (CLC).
Through our courses, CLC Huron-Perth aims to help students:
- Improve communication skills by encouraging them to express their ideas and feelings
- Listen and hear the thoughts and feelings of others
- Realize their unique talents while building key skills and self-confidence
- Develop leadership skills by promoting and supporting the well-being of self and others through a spirit of respect, understanding, cooperation, and mutual support
The first Christopher Leadership Course in Canada was held in Windsor, Ontario in 1953. Courses have been offered continuously since that date. CLC courses have spread across the country and across the Pacific to Korea and China. CLC courses are currently offered in five provinces in Canada. Each year, many Canadians join the ranks of CLC’s successful graduates. For a list of our CLC locations in Canada, please click here.
CLC courses are taught by dedicated teams of qualified volunteer instructors. All instructors are graduates of the course and they have undertaken to pass on to others the knowledge and skills they learned from the course. They receive ongoing training to hone their skills, making it possible to deliver programs which are sensitive in their approach and time-proven in their effectiveness. As a non-profit organization, the Christopher Leadership Courses of Canada offers the course at an affordable fee to cover only the cost of materials and administration.
Current Huron-Perth Instructors:
Steve Pinney – 18 years
Dave Scott – 18 years
Ben Miltenburg – 12 years
Tracy Aylward – 4 years
Sue Key – 3 years
Katelyn McKay – 2 years
Joe White – 1 year
- At the AGM in Burlington, Regina led us in workshop on engaging & better communicating with instructors. Here are some of the results:Read More »
- Taking “Uniqueness” to a Whole New Level Soon after wrapping up our 2018 Winter classes, Durham-Toronto took a poll and found that a number of instructors were interested in taking the Advanced Christopher Leadership Course (CLC2). We ran a 7-week course exclusively for CLC1 instructors from May 17 to …Read More »
- Our 2018 Lumen AGM is being held on the weekend of November 2 – 4 at the Waterfront Hotel in Burlington, Ontario. This is the same location as last year’s successful event. As those of us who have previously attended one of these events, a Lumen AGM is much …Read More »
- Winnie Mills has sent some photos of the Rhododendron planted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Christopher Leadership Course in Canada. It was planted in Halifax, NS.Read More »
- The Lumen Board will be meeting Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, 2018 at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. Please contact any board member if you have any business you would like them to discuss. Contact Board Read More »