Edmonton Alberta – Benefits & Testimonial
Benefits and Testimonials
In our Courses you learn to:
- become a more effective communicator
- develop skills and self-confidence
- be more fulfilled at home and work
- become a leader
You learn proven methods and actually practice your new skills at each session.
Let’s look at some of the benefits:
- organize your thoughts, think on your feet
- control stage fright
- speak with conviction
- be effective in conversation, at meetings and on the platform
- gain courage and inner strength
- develop a positive attitude
- be more creative and enthusiastic
Here’s what some of our graduates have said:
The Christopher Leadership Course has enabled me to strive for challenge in my life, given me the self-confidence to accept the challenge and the self-esteem to know I can make a difference.
Just imagine! After obtaining my university degree and landing a job in the high tech sector, I was still a bit of a wall flower when it came to speaking in front of even a small group of people. The thought of making a presentation made me weak in the knees. A colleague of mine suggested that I take a course in public speaking that he had found very useful, so I signed up to take The Christopher Leadership Course – and I’ve never looked back! Through this class, I met many wonderful people and discovered and developed a very positive outlook. The course itself not only taught me useful formulas for making presentations, introducing speakers and presenting awards, but also many new aspects of leadership. The course gave me the self confidence to take on assignments that I never would have attempted prior to taking this course. Now I am working as a director with the Federal Public Service and have been recognized for my leadership and communication skills – just imagine!
Director of Information Technology Services Branch (ITSB), PWGSC
As Executive Directors of Business Network International (BNI), we want to thank the Christopher Leadership Course organization for providing us a vehicle for personal growth and professional development. We gained the confidence to accept speaking assignments at the BNI International conference in Los Angeles and the BNI Canadian, Australian and New Zealand National conferences because of the skills and tools we acquired as students. Numerous BNI members have taken CLC1 and CLC2 and have become more effective communicators & in turn true relationship builders, which are both necessary qualities in our competitive business world. The sincere interest and commitment demonstrated by the instructors has had a positive impact on our Eastern Ontario and Western Québec region.
Denis Brisson & Jocelyne D’Aoust
Executive Directors / directeurs exécutifs
BNI- “Business Network International” / “Réseau d’affaires international”
- At the AGM in Burlington, Regina led us in workshop on engaging & better communicating with instructors. Here are some of the results:Read More »
- Taking “Uniqueness” to a Whole New Level Soon after wrapping up our 2018 Winter classes, Durham-Toronto took a poll and found that a number of instructors were interested in taking the Advanced Christopher Leadership Course (CLC2). We ran a 7-week course exclusively for CLC1 instructors from May 17 to …Read More »
- Our 2018 Lumen AGM is being held on the weekend of November 2 – 4 at the Waterfront Hotel in Burlington, Ontario. This is the same location as last year’s successful event. As those of us who have previously attended one of these events, a Lumen AGM is much …Read More »
- Winnie Mills has sent some photos of the Rhododendron planted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Christopher Leadership Course in Canada. It was planted in Halifax, NS.Read More »
- The Lumen Board will be meeting Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, 2018 at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. Please contact any board member if you have any business you would like them to discuss. Contact Board Read More »