Toronto East – Scarborough
St. Theresa Shrine of the Little Flower
2259 Kingston Rd., Scarborough M1N 1T8
Cost: Standard Tuition – $215.00 or Student/Senior/Family Tuition – $190.00 (Must show valid student card)
Tax deductible receipt will be provided.
Start Date: Sunday, February 10th, 2019
End Date: Sunday, May 5th, 2019
Time: 3 hours; 6 – 9 pm
Length: 11 weeks (No classes on February 17th and April 21st due to Family Day weekend and Easter Sunday, respectively.)
Prerequisite: None. We welcome all skill levels!
You must be registered and confirmed to attend class. Click “Register for this course” at the bottom of the page to start!
This course is based on adult learning principles. Each week, instructors present a different area of focus. The learned skills are then practised in a positive and supportive workshop setting. In CLC courses, you learn by doing!
· How to organize a talk – Learn how to organize and deliver dynamic and memorable presentations
· Speech reading – Practice the do`s and don`ts of reading out loud
· Speak with an object – Learn how objects can enhance your presentations
· Introduce and thank a speaker – Set the stage and make a speaker feel welcome
· Present and accept a gift – Make the recipient feel honoured at a special event, such as retirement, going-away, birthday, anniversary
· Impromptu speeches – Learn and use techniques to speak effectively with little preparation
· Memory techniques – Ways to remember key presentation points, and people`s names
· Eliminating ˜hems and haws”™ from your speech – Becoming a more polished professional
· Effective delivery – Learn how to use eye contact, gestures, posture and vocal intonation to enhance your message
· Add KEY ingredients to your talk – Make your presentation come alive!
Realize your leadership talents by focusing on these attributes:
· Being positive
· Being involved
· Embracing change
· Taking time to celebrate life
· Communicate with greater confidence
· Have greater influence in groups
· Add interest to your presentations
· Become more polished at meetings and in front of groups
· Obtain insights into human relations
· Enhance your interpersonal skills
· Increase your awareness of non-verbal aspects of presenting and listening
· Participate in active listening
· …and more!
- At the AGM in Burlington, Regina led us in workshop on engaging & better communicating with instructors. Here are some of the results:Read More »
- Taking “Uniqueness” to a Whole New Level Soon after wrapping up our 2018 Winter classes, Durham-Toronto took a poll and found that a number of instructors were interested in taking the Advanced Christopher Leadership Course (CLC2). We ran a 7-week course exclusively for CLC1 instructors from May 17 to …Read More »
- Our 2018 Lumen AGM is being held on the weekend of November 2 – 4 at the Waterfront Hotel in Burlington, Ontario. This is the same location as last year’s successful event. As those of us who have previously attended one of these events, a Lumen AGM is much …Read More »
- Winnie Mills has sent some photos of the Rhododendron planted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Christopher Leadership Course in Canada. It was planted in Halifax, NS.Read More »
- The Lumen Board will be meeting Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, 2018 at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. Please contact any board member if you have any business you would like them to discuss. Contact Board Read More »