St. Mary Catholic Secondary School
1918 Whites Rd N, Pickering, ON, L1V 1R9
Cost: Standard Tuition – $215.00 or Student/Senior/Family Tuition – $190.00 (Must show valid student card)
Tax deductible receipt will be provided.
Start Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2020
End Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 (No class on Wednesday, March 18th due to March Break)
Time: 3 hours per class; 7 – 10 pm
Length: 11 weeks
Prerequisite: None. We welcome all skill levels!
You must be registered and confirmed to attend class. Click “Register for this course” at the bottom of the page to start!
This course is based on adult learning principles. Each week, instructors present a different area of focus. The learned skills are then practised in a positive and supportive workshop setting. In CLC courses, you learn by doing!
· How to organize a talk – Learn how to organize and deliver dynamic and memorable presentations
· Speech reading – Practice the do`s and don`ts of reading out loud
· Speak with an object – Learn how objects can enhance your presentations
· Introduce and thank a speaker – Set the stage and make a speaker feel welcome
· Present and accept a gift – Make the recipient feel honoured at a special event, such as retirement, going-away, birthday, anniversary
· Impromptu speeches – Learn and use techniques to speak effectively with little preparation
· Memory techniques – Ways to remember key presentation points, and people`s names
· Eliminating ˜hems and haws”™ from your speech – Becoming a more polished professional
· Effective delivery – Learn how to use eye contact, gestures, posture and vocal intonation to enhance your message
· Add KEY ingredients to your talk – Make your presentation come alive!
Realize your leadership talents by focusing on these attributes:
· Being positive
· Being involved
· Embracing change
· Taking time to celebrate life
· Communicate with greater confidence
· Have greater influence in groups
· Add interest to your presentations
· Become more polished at meetings and in front of groups
· Obtain insights into human relations
· Enhance your interpersonal skills
· Increase your awareness of non-verbal aspects of presenting and listening
· Participate in active listening
· …and more!