This course is based on adult learning principles. Each week, instructors present a different area of focus. The learned skills are then practiced in a positive and supportive workshop setting. In CLC courses, you learn by doing!
For Winter 2020 we will be offering a course that runs on on Thursdays.
Start Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Location: Business Career College – 9090 51 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta
Standard Enrollment Fee:
- Standard $315
- Student $290
- Couples (Sharing 1 Manual) $565
Payment Types: PayPal & Interac E-Transfer
- Payment for the course is due to confirm your enrollment
- If paying the fee through Interac E-Transfer send to CLCyeg@gmail.com
- Use “Register for this course” button below to start!
Time: 3 hours per night, each Thursday evening, starting at 7:00 pm
Length: March 5th to May 7th, 2020 (10-week course)
To receive a certificate you must attend a minimum of 8 classes
Prerequisite: You must be registered and confirmed to attend class.
Use “Register for this course” button below to start!
Christopher Leadership Course Information
- How to organize a talk – Learning how to organize and deliver dynamic and memorable presentations
- Speechreading – Practicing the do`s and don`ts for reading
- Speaking with an exhibit – Learning how exhibits can enhance your presentations
- Introducing and thanking speakers – Setting the stage and make a presenter feel welcome
- Presenting and accepting gifts – Making the recipient feel honoured at their next retirement, going-away, birthday, anniversary, or other special events
- Impromptu speeches – Using techniques to speak effectively with little preparation
- Memory techniques – Ways to remember key presentation points, and people`s names
- Eliminating “hems and haws” from your speech – Becoming a more polished professional
- Effective delivery – Learn how to use eye contact, gestures, posture and vocal intonation to enhance your message
- Adding KEY ingredients to your talk – Making your talk come alive!
Realizing your leadership talents by focusing on these attributes:
- Being Positive
- Being Involved
- Embracing Change
- Taking time to celebrate life
Look at some of the benefits you could achieve by taking these courses:
- Communicate with greater confidence
- Have greater influence in groups
- Add interest to your presentations
- Be more polished at meetings and in front of groups
- Obtain insights into human relations
- Enhance your interpersonal skills
- Increase your awareness of non-verbal aspects of presenting and listening
- Participate in active listening
- Use visual aids, lecterns and microphones to their best effect
- Be confident when responding to questions
… and more!