McMaster University Hamilton, ON
Time: 2-3 hours one night a week starting at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
Length: 10 weeks
Prerequisite: You must be registered and confirmed to attend class.
Use “Register for this course” button below to start!
This course is based on adult learning principles. Each week, instructors present a different area of focus. The learned skills are then practiced in a positive and supportive workshop setting. In CLC courses, you learn by doing!
- How to organize a talk – Learning how to organize and deliver dynamic and memorable presentations
- Speech reading – Practicing the do`s and don`ts for reading
- Speaking with an exhibit – Learning how exhibits can enhance your presentations
- Introducing and thanking speakers – Setting the stage and make a presenter feel welcome
- Presenting and accepting gifts – Making the recipient feel honored at their next retirement, going-away, birthday, anniversary, or other special event
- Impromptu speeches – Using techniques to speak effectively with little preparation
- Memory techniques – Ways to remember key presentation points, and people`s names
- Eliminating “hems and haws” from your speech – Becoming a more polished professional
- Effective delivery – Learn how to use eye contact, gestures, posture and vocal intonation to enhance your message
- Adding KEY ingredients to your talk – Making your talk come alive!
- Realizing your leadership talents by focusing on these attributes:
- Being Positive
- Being Involved
- Embracing Change
- Taking time to celebrate life