Location: Spruce Lodge, Stratford, ON
Standard Fee $200
(Payment for course is due only when course enrollment is confirmed)
Prerequisite: None. We welcome all!
You must be registered and confirmed to attend class. Click “Register for this course” at the bottom of the page to start!
Start Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2019
End Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Time: 3 hours each evening, 7 pm – 10 pm (please be 15 minutes early to class)
Length: 4 weeks
This course is based on adult learning principles. Each week, instructors present a different area of focus. The learned skills are then practiced in a positive and supportive workshop setting. In CLC courses, you learn by doing!
The Effective Meetings Course is a thorough introduction to conducting meetings.
In a workshop style environment, students will learn how to prepare for and run a meeting, gain a basic understanding of parliamentary procedure and make the most efficient and effective use of their participants’ knowledge and experience. The Effective Meetings Course will also highlight the important role meeting documents, such as agendas and meeting minutes play in getting the most out of your team members’ time. Practical examples and exercises throughout the course will give every student an opportunity to practice and hone their new skills.
The Effective Meeting Course will:
1) Help students prepare for a meeting and understand room set-up
2) Discuss team dynamics and the different roles of meeting participants
3) Demonstrate how each meeting member functions
4) Provide a basic knowledge of Parliamentary Procedures
5) Provide an overview of formal and committee meetings
6) Demonstrate how and when to voice opinions and make decisions