Cost: Standard $200, Student/Senior $175, Couples (Sharing 1 Manual) $300
(Payment for course is due only when course enrollment is confirmed)
Time: 3 hours one night a week starting at 6:30 pm or 7:00 pm
Length: 11-week course
Prerequisite: You must be registered and confirmed to attend class.
Use “Register for this course” button below to start!
The Christopher Leadership Course Level 1 is a 10 week course based on adult learning principles. Each week, instructors present a different area of focus. The learned skills are then practiced in a positive and supportive workshop setting. In CLC courses, you learn by doing!
How to organize a talk – Learning how to organize and deliver dynamic and memorable presentations
Speech reading – Practicing the dos and donts for reading
Speaking with an exhibit – Learning how exhibits can enhance your presentations
Introducing and thanking speakers – Setting the stage and make a presenter feel welcome
Presenting and accepting gifts – Making the recipient feel honored at their next retirement, going-away, birthday, anniversary, or other special event
Impromptu speeches – Using techniques to speak effectively with little preparation
Memory techniques – Ways to remember key presentation points, and people`s names
Eliminating “hems and haws” from your speech – Becoming a more polished professional
Effective delivery – Learn how to use eye contact, gestures, posture and vocal intonation to enhance your message
Adding KEY ingredients to your talk – Making your talk come alive!
Realizing your leadership talents by focusing on these attributes:
Taking time to celebrate life
- At the AGM in Burlington, Regina led us in workshop on engaging & better communicating with instructors. Here are some of the results:Read More »
- Taking “Uniqueness” to a Whole New Level Soon after wrapping up our 2018 Winter classes, Durham-Toronto took a poll and found that a number of instructors were interested in taking the Advanced Christopher Leadership Course (CLC2). We ran a 7-week course exclusively for CLC1 instructors from May 17 to …Read More »
- Our 2018 Lumen AGM is being held on the weekend of November 2 – 4 at the Waterfront Hotel in Burlington, Ontario. This is the same location as last year’s successful event. As those of us who have previously attended one of these events, a Lumen AGM is much …Read More »
- Winnie Mills has sent some photos of the Rhododendron planted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Christopher Leadership Course in Canada. It was planted in Halifax, NS.Read More »
- The Lumen Board will be meeting Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, 2018 at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. Please contact any board member if you have any business you would like them to discuss. Contact Board Read More »