CLC Ottawa – Podium Paralysis
If speaking in public terrifies you, you’re not alone. According to the Book of Lists, fear of public speaking is the number one fear, far ahead of fear of death. In other words, many people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy!
Beat that fear!
Every year for over fifty years, the Christopher Leadership Courses have helped thousands of Canadians to overcome their fear of public speaking.
- The instructors are all graduates who have faced and beaten their own fears.
- You will progress in fun, easy stages, building on the skills you have learned.
- The class of 15-25 students is big enough to give you real practice speaking in front of a group, but small enough for individual attention. And each week of the 11-week course you will have two opportunities to speak.
This course really works. It teaches effective speaking one small step at a time. By the end of the course you will have the skills and confidence you need to be a strong and memorable speaker.
You really can learn to speak well in public, and actually enjoy it. And the confidence you gain will help you in other stressful situations.
There are several classes each year, on different nights and in different parts of town. The tax-deductible tuition fee is reasonable, because the Christopher Leadership Courses are presented by a non-profit registered charity.
Frequently Asked Question:
Which course should I take?
We have learned from more than fifty years of teaching public speaking that there is no substitute for real experience speaking in front of a group.
- If public speaking terrifies you, the CLC1 course (nine or eleven evenings) will give you the extra practice you need to develop your confidence, your leadership abilities, and your public speaking skills. It may seem like a lot of time to invest, but most graduates are sorry when their course is ending.
- If you already have confidence and just need to improve your skills, the Effective Speaking Workshop may be all you need, and its faster pace may fit better into your busy life.
More questions? Just click the Contact Us link above.