Develop True Confidence – Learn to make your ideas crystal clear.
Speak Out, Stand Out
To lead, you need to develop true confidence.
How can you develop true confidence?
Our courses give you the true confidence that comes from experience.
- You will learn to speak better, not by sitting through lectures but by actually doing it — twice every session.
- Classes are big enough to give you real practice speaking in front of a group, and small enough for friendly individual coaching from our team of instructors.
Step-by-step lessons help you overcome nervousness as you build skills.
There are several classes each year, East, West, and Central. The tax-deductible tuition is amazingly affordable, because CLC Ottawa is a non-profit registered charity.
Frequently Asked Question:
Which course should I take?
If public speaking terrifies you, the CLC1 course (nine or eleven evenings) will give you the practice you need to develop your confidence, your leadership abilities, and your public speaking skills.
If you already have confidence and just need to improve your skills, the Effective Speaking Workshop may be all you need, and its smaller class size and faster pace may fit better into your busy life.
More questions? Just click the Contact Us link above.
- Taking “Uniqueness” to a Whole New Level Soon after wrapping up our 2018 Winter classes, Durham-Toronto took a poll and found that a number of instructors were interested in taking the Advanced Christopher Leadership Course (CLC2). We ran a 7-week course exclusively for CLC1 instructors from May 17 to …Read More »
- Our 2018 Lumen AGM is being held on the weekend of November 2 – 4 at the Waterfront Hotel in Burlington, Ontario. This is the same location as last year’s successful event. As those of us who have previously attended one of these events, a Lumen AGM is much …Read More »
- Winnie Mills has sent some photos of the Rhododendron planted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Christopher Leadership Course in Canada. It was planted in Halifax, NS.Read More »
- The Lumen Board will be meeting Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, 2018 at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. Please contact any board member if you have any business you would like them to discuss. Contact Board Read More »
- The Lumen Board has adopted a new CLC logo with the tagline “Communicate Effectively”. Each area has also been updated for their own region.Read More »