Small-Group, Hands-On Effective Speaking Workshop
Make Your Words Count
This small-group hands-on workshop will teach you how to speak more effectively, whether your audience is one person or a thousand. Learn what to say and how to say it, through our proven method:
- First we tell you
- Then we show you
- Then you do it yourself in class, with friendly personal coaching.
Key Content includes:
- Quickly structuring a brief, memorable talk
- Improving your speaking style
- Reading written material effectively in public
- Introducing yourself and others at an event
- Presenting or accepting an award.
In this small-group hands-on workshop, every student practises every skill in class, with personal coaching by our team of trained instructors.
- The amazingly affordable price is possible because Christopher Leadership Courses are presented by a non-profit registered charity.
- Online payment is by Interac e-transfer from your bank account (preferred) or by credit card through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to use your credit card.
- Tax-deductible tuition receipt will be provided.
Why wait? Make Your Words Count.
Frequently Asked Question:
Which course should I take?
After teaching public speaking for over 50 years, we know that there is no substitute for real experience speaking in front of a group.
- If public speaking terrifies you, the CLC1 Introduction to Public Speaking course (nine or eleven evenings) will give you extra practice to develop your confidence, your leadership abilities, and your speaking skills.
- If you just need better skills, the Effective Speaking Workshop will teach them, and its faster pace may fit better into your busy life.
- Both courses qualify you to take our Advanced Presentations course, which includes effective use of PowerPoint, and how to deal with audience questions.
More questions? Just click the Contact Us link above.
- The Lumen Board has adopted a new CLC logo with the tagline “Communicate Effectively”. Each area has also been updated for their own region.Read More »
- Report Sent to Huron-Perth Christophers by area chair Steve Pinney: Good day to all Huron-Perth Christophers!! This past weekend, October 13 to 15 it was my privilege to once again represent the Huron-Perth Area at the Lumen Annual General Meeting in Burlington Ontario. The hosts, Hamilton Area, were also celebrating …Read More »
- The Annual General Meeting of The Lumen Institute October 13-15, 2017 at the Waterfront Hotel, Burlington, Ontario 2020 Lakeshore Road, Burlington ON L7R 4G8 Tel: (905) 681-5400 Fax: (905) 681-5410 Waterfront Hotel Website Hosted by the Hamilton Area Christophers Download the Registration Form REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DEADLINE: …Read More »
- The spring board meeting of the Lumen Institute was held April 7 to 9, 2017 at the Nav Canada Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. President Tom O’Neill, Past-President Dave Scott, Vice President Natalie Neville, Executive Secretary Matthew Rennick, Treasurer Laurence Tyler and Directors Mike Lee, Marcel Soucy, Regina Antonio and Lynn …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »