Learn Speaking Skills
Need Speaking Skills?
Sadly, many public speakers have never learned basic speaking skills. They ramble on without any clear message, and they mumble into their notes instead of looking you in the eye.
Make your point clearly.
Every year for over fifty years, the Christopher Leadership Courses have taught thousands of Canadians to speak clearly and effectively.
- Make a memorable point in under two minutes.
- Learn a simple memory system that will let you speak without notes.
- Discover how to build an effective talk quickly.
- Learn specific skills including presenting an award, and introducing a speaker.
- Make steady progress in fun, easy stages, adding new skills each week
The class of 15-25 students is big enough to give you real practice speaking in front of a group, but small enough for individual coaching. The team of 3-5 instructors, all graduates of the course, shows you the power of developing a personal style.
This course really works, by teaching effective speaking one small step at a time. By the end of our introductory course (1 evening a week for 11 weeks) you will have the skills and confidence you need to be a strong and memorable speaker. You will have learned by doing it, with two opportunities to speak in front of the class each week.
There are several classes each year, on different nights and in different parts of town. The tax-deductible tuition fee is amazingly affordable, because the Christopher Leadership Courses are presented by a non-profit registered charity.
Frequently Asked Question:
Which course should I take?
We have learned from more than fifty years of teaching public speaking that there is no substitute for real experience speaking in front of a group.
- If public speaking terrifies you, the CLC1 course (nine or eleven evenings) will give you the extra practice you need to develop your confidence, your leadership abilities, and your public speaking skills. It may seem like a lot of time to invest, but most graduates are sorry when their course is ending.
- If you already have confidence and just need to improve your skills, the Effective Speaking Workshop will provide them, and its faster pace may fit better into your busy life.
More questions? Just click the Contact Us link above.
- Winnie Mills has sent some photos of the Rhododendron planted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Christopher Leadership Course in Canada. It was planted in Halifax, NS.Read More »
- The Lumen Board will be meeting Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, 2018 at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. Please contact any board member if you have any business you would like them to discuss. Contact Board Read More »
- The Lumen Board has adopted a new CLC logo with the tagline “Communicate Effectively”. Each area has also been updated for their own region.Read More »
- Report Sent to Huron-Perth Christophers by area chair Steve Pinney: Good day to all Huron-Perth Christophers!! This past weekend, October 13 to 15 it was my privilege to once again represent the Huron-Perth Area at the Lumen Annual General Meeting in Burlington Ontario. The hosts, Hamilton Area, were also celebrating …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »