Turn Fear into Fun
Turn Fear into Fun
You can turn fear into fun.
Public speaking frightens most people. They don’t know how to build an effective talk, they don’t know how to present a talk, and if they have to speak they mumble into their notes and make it all too obvious that they want to be far away.
Learn the Joy of Public Speaking
Christopher Leadership Courses can make public speaking fun for you, just as they have helped thousands of Canadians each year for over fifty years.You will learn simple ways to quickly create a talk that presents a clear, strong point in under two minutes. In addition:
- You will learn how to speak, to make your talk effective.
- You will learn to speak well in easy stages, not by listening to lectures but bye doing it.
- You will have two opportunities to speak in each lesson, with friendly, personal evaluation for every talk.
- The instructors are all graduates who have faced and beaten their own fears.
- The class of 15-25 students is big enough to give you real practice speaking in front of a group, but small enough for individual attention.
This course really works, by helping you succeed one small step at a time. By the end of the course (eleven evenings) you will have the skills you need to be a strong and memorable speaker. And the confidence you gain will help you in other stressful situations.
There are several classes each year, on different nights and in different parts of town. The tax-deductible tuition fee is reasonable, because the Christopher Leadership Courses are presented by a non-profit registered charity.
Frequently Asked Question:
Which course should I take?
We have learned from more than fifty years of teaching public speaking that there is no substitute for real experience speaking in front of a group.
If public speaking terrifies you, the CLC1 course (nine or eleven evenings) will give you the extra practice you need to develop your confidence, your leadership abilities, and your public speaking skills.
If you already have confidence and just need better skills, the Effective Speaking Workshop will provide them, and its faster pace may fit better into your busy life.
More questions? Just click the Contact Us link above.
- Winnie Mills has sent some photos of the Rhododendron planted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Christopher Leadership Course in Canada. It was planted in Halifax, NS.Read More »
- The Lumen Board will be meeting Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, 2018 at the Nav Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. Please contact any board member if you have any business you would like them to discuss. Contact Board Read More »
- The Lumen Board has adopted a new CLC logo with the tagline “Communicate Effectively”. Each area has also been updated for their own region.Read More »
- Report Sent to Huron-Perth Christophers by area chair Steve Pinney: Good day to all Huron-Perth Christophers!! This past weekend, October 13 to 15 it was my privilege to once again represent the Huron-Perth Area at the Lumen Annual General Meeting in Burlington Ontario. The hosts, Hamilton Area, were also celebrating …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »