Public Speaking Essentials – Public Speaking for Busy People
Big speech coming, and a busy schedule?
You have to get across an important concept in a meeting, or you will be giving a toast at a wedding celebration. It’s your big chance to shine, but you dread it because you are not very good at public speaking.
We can help.
You didn’t learn to drive by reading how to steer on the internet. What really counted was time behind the wheel with an experienced driver coaching you.
In Public Speaking Essentials, you will learn to speak well in front of a group by actually speaking in front of a group of students just like you – people who want a quick and effective way to improve their public speaking.
Public Speaking for Busy People
The skills you will learn and practice, in just four fun sessions, include:
- Quickly crafting a memorable talk that gets your point across in 2 minutes or less
- An effective memory system to help you speak without notes
- Reading in Public
- Award Presentations
- The MC role.
You will learn how to speak, to make your talk effective.You will practice speaking in front of a group big enough to feel like real public speaking, and small enough (at most 8 students) for lots of friendly individual coaching by our instructing team.
After just three class sessions and a celebration lunch (essential to graduate), you will know how to get your point across, anywhere that you want to express your ideas clearly.
The tax-deductible tuition fee is amazingly affordable, because Christopher Leadership Courses are presented by a non-profit registered charity.
Frequently Asked Question:
Which course should I take?
We have learned from more than fifty years of teaching public speaking that there is no substitute for real experience speaking in front of a group.
- If public speaking terrifies you, the CLC1 Introduction to Public Speaking course (nine or eleven evenings) will give you extra practice to develop your confidence, your leadership abilities, and your public speaking skills.
- If you just need better skills, Public Speaking Essentials will teach them, and its faster pace may fit better into your busy life. It also includes extra event-related topics.
- Both courses qualify you to take our Advanced Presentations course, which teaches effective use of PowerPoint, and how to deal with audience questions.
More questions? Just click the Contact Us link above.
- The Annual General Meeting of The Lumen Institute October 13-15, 2017 at the Waterfront Hotel, Burlington, Ontario 2020 Lakeshore Road, Burlington ON L7R 4G8 Tel: (905) 681-5400 Fax: (905) 681-5410 Waterfront Hotel Website Hosted by the Hamilton Area Christophers Download the Registration Form REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DEADLINE: …Read More »
- The spring board meeting of the Lumen Institute was held April 7 to 9, 2017 at the Nav Canada Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. President Tom O’Neill, Past-President Dave Scott, Vice President Natalie Neville, Executive Secretary Matthew Rennick, Treasurer Laurence Tyler and Directors Mike Lee, Marcel Soucy, Regina Antonio and Lynn …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »
- CLC National is a registered charity through its national Lumen Organization (# 125304527RR0001). We are looking for your support. Tax receipts provided for donations greater than $25.Read More »