Christopher Leadership Courses of Canada believes that all people deserve the opportunity to realize their full potential as individuals both in the workplace and in social environments by enhancing their leadership and communication skills, as well as their confidence, through the Christopher Leadership Course (CLC).
Through our courses, we aim to help students:
- Improve communication skills by encouraging them to express their ideas and feelings
- Listen and hear the thoughts and feelings of others
- Realize their unique talents while building key skills and self-confidence
- Develop leadership skills by promoting and supporting the well-being of self and others through a spirit of respect, understanding, cooperation, and mutual support
The first Christopher Leadership Course in Canada was held in Windsor, Ontario in 1953. Courses have been offered continuously since that date. CLC courses have spread across the country and across the Pacific to Korea and China. Christopher Leadership Courses are currently offered in five provinces in Canada. Each year, many Canadians join the ranks of CLC’s successful graduates. For a list of our CLC locations in Canada, please click here.
CLC courses are taught by dedicated teams of qualified volunteer instructors. All instructors are graduates of the course and they have undertaken to pass on to others the knowledge and skills they learned from the course. They receive ongoing training to hone their skills, making it possible to deliver programs which are sensitive in their approach and time-proven in their effectiveness. As a non-profit organization, the Christopher Leadership Courses of Canada offers the course at an affordable fee to cover only the cost of materials and administration.
The Lumen Institute Board of Directors
The Lumen Institute, governing body for the Christopher Leadership Courses of Canada, is a Canadian non-profit organization that teaches courses in effective speaking for the purpose of developing confidence, leadership ability and communication skills in each participant.
THE LUMEN INSTITUTE
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS for the year 2016/2017
Website Coordinator: Dave Scott (519) 274-5738
- The spring board meeting of the Lumen Institute was held April 7 to 9, 2017 at the Nav Canada Centre in Cornwall, Ontario. President Tom O’Neill, Past-President Dave Scott, Vice President Natalie Neville, Executive Secretary Matthew Rennick, Treasurer Laurence Tyler and Directors Mike Lee, Marcel Soucy, Regina Antonio and Lynn …Read More »
- Are you afraid of speaking in public? Most people are. We have videos to show you how you can discover the joy of public speaking. Watch Now!Read More »
- CLC National is a registered charity through its national Lumen Organization (# 125304527RR0001). We are looking for your support. Tax receipts provided for donations greater than $25.Read More »